Model Factory Hiro announced a new 1/12 Full Detail kit. This time it’s the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B from the Mille Miglia of 1938. MFH is aiming to release the kit this month!
The Italian company Alfa Romeo was founded in the beginning of the 20th century, and have been involved in car racing ever since. The touring car “RL” which debuted in 1922 showed many successes, and the “P2”, designed by future-Ferrari designer Vittorio Jano, furthered those successes even more.
Yano would go on to develop a new straight-8 cylinder engine, with the name “8C” taken from the number of cylinders. The 8C was first featured into the world’s first single-seater Grand Prix car – the “P3 (Tipo B)”, which showed many successes under the hands of both the Alfa Corse team and Scuderia Ferrari team between 1932 to 1935. The 8C engine was also used in Le Mans entry “8C 2300” which won four years straight beginning in 1931.
The 8C was upgrades into the “8C 2900” in 1936, now featuring an increased bore/stroke, and was equipped on the “8C 2900B”. Of the many successes and variations of the 8C 2900B is the “8C 2900B Mille Miglia” which raced at the 1938 Mille Miglia and managed a 1-2 finish. As one of the cars of the Golden Era of Alfa Romeo, we have decided to choose this car as the topic of our next kit.
- based on the 1938 Mille Miglia winner Car# 143, and runner up Car #142. Car #141 and #148 also constructable from this kit.
- a full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, turned parts, rubber tires, silk screen decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for light rim, wheel rim, wheel shaft, and lock nut
- wire wheel built from a combination of aluminum turned wheel rim and stainless spokes allowing for realistic representation.
- front bonnet and door can be opened and closed, and rear bonnet can be removed, allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
K811 – 1/12scale Fulldetail Kit : 8C 2900B [ Mille Miglia 1938 ]
- 1938 Mille Miglia
- Winner #143 C.Biondetti / A.Stefani
- 2nd #142 C.Pintacuda / P.Mambelli
- #141 G.Farina / S.Meazza
- #148 E.Siena / E.Villoresi
More pictures will be released soon. Check out the MFH website for more information.