Model Factory Hiro announced a new 1/12 Full Detail kit. This time it’s the McLaren F1 GTR LeMans from 1996!
- The McLaren F1 was designed by McLaren F1 designer Gordon Murray to be the ultimate sports car, which was later upgraded to a racing version that would be known as the F1 GTR. The F1 GTR had a glorious history of winning the 24-hour LeMans in 1995, and also took the championship for 2 consecutive years for the BPR series.
- Within the many variations of the F1 GTR is car #39 entered by Team Bigazzi at the 1996 Le Mans, driven by Nelson Piquet/Johnny Cecotto/Danny Sullivan. It managed to finish in 8th place. Our next 1/12 scale model is based on this variation and car #38 from the same team.
- A full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, turned parts and silk screen decals allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- Butterfly door and rear window can be open and closed, and front cowl, side panels and rear panel can be removed allowing for full view of the detailed interior after completion.
- Aluminum turned parts used for wheel, wheel nut and wheel shaft. Wheel and wheel nuts pre-anodized with colour. Pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.
- Difference in cowling/rear wing/cockpit panel/front suspension from the 1995 build have been faithfully reproduced.
Check out the MFH website for more information.