Model Factory Hiro announced a new full detail kit. This time it’s the Tyrrel 006 in 1/12th scale!
After retiring from racing in late 1950s, Ken Tyrrell started up his own racing team, and in 1968 his team would work together with French auto manufacturer Matra to enter F1. Working as the team principal, the team managed their first win during the 1969 season with their driver Jackie Stewart taking the drivers title. In 1970 Tyrrell would split ways with Matra and work as their own team. With designer Derek Gardner, the DFV engine from Ford, and drivers J.Stewart and Francois Cevert, the team was able to take another victory in 1971 with their third car, the 003. However in the following season Stewart lost out to Emerson Fittipaldi from the Lotus team and finished the season in second place only.
In 1973, Tyrell would enter their new machine, the 006, which they tested during the final rounds of the previous season. The 006 was equipped with a DFV engine, large induction pods, aluminum monocoque and a sports car nose like its previous iterations, but would take each element to its maximum potential. Stewart took Drivers Championship with 5 wins during the season, and Cevert also managed to take 2nd place 6 times. However, Stewart’s driver championship for this season became the last championship won by the team, and with Stewart retiring from racing and Cevert having passed away during the qualifier run for the U.S. GP, 1973 marked the end of an era for the Tyrrell team.
- Based on the earlier version of the 006 that raced during Rd.5 Belgian GP and Rd.6 Monaco GP, both of which J.Stewart took first place.
- A full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, metal turned parts, rubber tires, silk-screen decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- Aluminum turned parts used for wheel rim, engine funnels, wheel shaft and lock nut. Two lock nuts have red aluminite finish for use on left side of the car.
- DFV engine designed with moveable cam and crankshaft parts after completion.
- Front nose and rear cowl removable, allowing for full view of the detailed interior after completion.
- Pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.
- K751 – 1/12scale Fulldetail Kit : Tyrrell 006
- 1973 Rd.5 Belgian GP / Rd.6 Monaco GP
For more information visit the website of MFH