Model Factory Hiro announced a new multi-material kit. This time it’s the McLaren MP4/8 in 1/43th scale!
Having lost the championship to Williams Renault and cutting off ties with Honda at the end of the 1992 season, McLaren welcomed the 1993 season with a Ford HB engine and other high tech systems, plus having former CART champion Michael Andretti join the team. The entry car for this year was the MP4/8 – based on the MP4/7 with changes to improve aerodynamics such as having a high nose and bargeboards. However even with the new package the team continued to struggle against Williams Renault, and while ace driver Senna was able to win the second, third and sixth round they struggled for most of the other races. Other than Williams, Benetton also proved to be a strong threat to the team despite also running on Ford engines. M. Andretti failed to make any impressions and was replaced by M. Hakkinen for the last three rounds. Despite all the negative factors, Senna managed to win 5 of the rounds thanks to his driving techniques and the car’s strong aerodynamic abilities. In the end the team managed to win second place for constructors, and Senna himself won second place for drivers as well.
- A full detailed,multi-material kit featuring white metal, turned matal parts, etching, rubber tires and decals allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for wheel rim.
- Pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.
- body cowl can be removed, allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
There will be three versions of the kit.
K779 – Ver.A : 1993 Rd.2 Brazilian GP / Rd.3 European GP #7 M.Andretti / #8 A.Senna
- Based on two early races that A. Senna won in rain conditions. Out of the two races, the European GP at Donnington stands out as one of Senna’s most famous wins, having finished over a minute before the 2nd place winner.
- Includes rain tires.
K780 – Ver.B : 1993 Rd.6 Monaco GP #7 M.Andretti / #8 A.Senna
- Based on the version used at Monaco GP where A. Senna won his 6th Monaco victory.
- Includes slick tires.
K781 – Ver.C : 1993 Rd.15 Japanese GP / Rd.16 Australian GP #7 M. Häkkinen / #8 A.Senna
- Based on the version used in the last two races where A. Senna managed back to back victories. Does not include bargeboards, and features a completely different front/rear wing setup amongst other changes compared to the earlier build.
- Includes slick tires.
For more information check out the MFH website