Tamiya announced there 1/12th scale Martini Brabham BT44B with PE parts.
The original 1/12 scale Martini Brabham BT44B with numer 12018 was released in 1975 and re-issued with Photo Etch parts in 2010. Tamiya now announced that they will re-issue it again this year. Spotmodel is already taking pre-orders with delivery dates at the end of july while Hiroboy is accepting pre-orders for delivery early august.
With Carlos Reutemann and Carlos Pace at the wheel, the BT44B produced some excellent results during the 1975 season on its way to helping the Martini Racing team earn second place in the Constructor’s Championship. Beginning with the BT42 in 1973, Motor Racing Developments designer Gordon Murray evolved the design into the BT44 in 1974 and finally the BT44B in 1975. Pace drove the car to a first place finish at the Brazil GP and Reutemann did the same at the German GP, making it one of the more competitive cars in the field.
About the kit
- This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 355mm, width: 160mm, height: 109mm.
- Front and rear suspension are coil sprung and offer smooth motion.
- Steering wheel operates front wheels via a rack and pinion mechanism.
- The V8 engine is recreated in style, complete with depictions of fine details such as fuel lines and ignition cables.
- Front cowling, cockpit fairing and induction box components can be removed after assembly.
- Photo-etched parts and faux cloth stickers make for realistic renderings of the seatbelt.
- Quality Cartograf decals are included, and allow depiction of either the No.7 or No.8 car.
- Includes synthetic rubber tires and soft plastic depictions of seats and drive shaft boots.
- The unique BT44B form with eye-catching features such as towering induction box is captured in style.
- Features a realistic recreation of the 3-liter V8 engine, with tubing for the various cables and lines.
- Precision metal air funnel parts add extra detail, while simultaneously giving a more realistic look.
- Cockpit details include seatbelts, shift lever, fire extinguisher and battery. Front wheels are steered.
- Photo-etched seatbelt buckles and cowl fasteners ensure that your model will withstand close-up scrutiny.
- Features a removable nose and sprung suspension. Radiator, master cylinder and stabilizers are recreated.
- Semi-pneumatic synthetic rubber tires have molded Goodyear logos, which are painted white on the final model.
- The kit also includes quality Cartograf decals, plus metal transfers and faux cloth stickers for super realism.