Tamiya is going to release a new 1/12th scale motorcycle kit at the end of this year. This time it is the Team Suzuki ECSTAR GSX-RR 2020 in 1/12th scale with number 14139 it is going on sale in december!
2020 was the a superb year for the GSX-RR in MotoGP racing, as the Suzuki works machine took the rider’s championship. Bearing the ECSTAR name of Suzuki’s own engine oil brand and adorned with a blue and silver color scheme reminiscent of the great Japanese brand’s bikes from the 1960s, the GSX-RR and its riders Joan Mir and Alex Rins consistently scored points throughout the season: both riders took a win, and Mir had a total of seven podiums as he bcame Suzuki’s first MotoGP class champion, and their first in the top class of riding since the GP500 class in 2000 – the perfect way to celebrate Suzuki’s centenary and the 60th anniversary of their first appearance in global road races. The GSX-RR debuted in the 2015 season and has been developed into a superb bike, with a 240hp 1,000cc inline-4 engine that achieves speeds of up to 340km/h, as well as refined aerodynamics. Don’t miss this chance to add a champion to your model collection, and check out just what makes a modern race bike tick.
- This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 178mm, width: 62mm, height: 100mm.
- Features screw-attached engine, swingarm, front fork and more.
- Comes with decals to recreate logo and tire markings, and three numbers (No.36 Joan Mir, No.42 Alex Rins, No.50 Sylvain Guintoli), plus masking stickers.
Tamiya has now released some new pictures of the kit:
This kit is a 1/12 scale representation of the Team Suzuki ECSTAR GSX-RR that won the MotoGP Championship in 2020. It has some stunning features modeled after the actual motorcycle – removeable front cowl design with box-shaped winglets, dual megaphone tailpipes, synthetic rubber tires and a full, water-cooled 4-stroke inline-4 engine. Can be modeled with 1 of 3 different decal sets – Joan Mir (No.36), Álex Rins (No.42) or Sylvain Guintoli (No. 50). Also available, to boost the detail even more, is the front fork set that includes parts with a carbon pattern as well as metal outer tubes, pre-painted coil springs and photo-etched parts.
With this kit a detail up set (front fork) is also being released.
- Amp up the detail on your 1/12 scale Suzuki GSX-RR model with this comprehensive set featuring dedicated plastic and metal parts, photo-etched components, and carbon fiber effect decals.
- Features a total of 12 metal components, including black anodized parts and a pre-painted yellow rear damper spring.
- Photo-etched parts recreate radiator guard, exhaust end mesh and seat cowl ducts.
- The image at right shows off the high quality finish with metal parts and carbon fiber stickers.