You were born to explore the universe! Build and inspire the next generation of astronauts with LEGO® Space rockets and vehicles – Let’s Go!
Celebrate man’s first moon landing with this LEGO® Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set—developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
- Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
- This advanced LEGO® set features a detailed replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag.
- Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
- Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut minifigures.
- Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
- Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.
- New-for-June-2019 decorated elements include an Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate and golden elements.
- Measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
With all the background out of the way on to the build! The box is filled with bags numbered from 1 to 4, a unnumbered bag with plates, a sticker sheet and of course the manual.
First step is to make the base. Simple and quick build. It took me about 20 minutes to finish this step. The base consists of the 4 craters where the lunar lander will stand, some rocks, the famous flag and the footsteps of one of the astronaut!
Bag 2 starts with the internals of the lunar lander where you will build the base frame and the o2 tanks and a start of the outer frame.
Bag 3 contains the rest of the base frame and legs.
And with bag 4 you will finish of the lunar lander en place it on the base!
Conclusion: This is an absolute must have for every space freak and especially if you are in to space in the 60’s! Great fun building this set with some fun techniques. To bad it uses a faire lot of stickers but i comes out great!