This weekend i finished the LEGO Creator Expert 10260 Downtown Diner with the LEGO 40448 Vintage Car as an extra! If you are into the 50’s and 60’s the modular series are absolutely awesome and the Downtown Diner is nothing less then that!
Drop in at the LEGO® Creator Expert 10260 Downtown Diner, where you’ll discover a healthy portion of fun and surprises. This impressive model features removable building sections for easy access to the detailed interior, which comprises a ground-level 1950s-style diner with a large curved front window, red bar stools, jukebox, counter and an open-plan kitchen. The mid level has a boxing gym with boxing ring, punching bag and weight training room, while on the upper-level you’ll find a recording studio, complete with vocal booth, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet. The facade of this modular building features pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling with a large ‘DINER’ sign. Other external features include arched windows, balconies and a staircase, plus a pink convertible car and a detailed sidewalk, complete with mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and a streetlamp. This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm. Includes 6 minifigures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: a chef, waitress, boxer, rock star, manager and a bodybuilder.
- The 3-level LEGO® Creator Expert Downtown Diner comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed facade with pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling and a large ‘DINER’ sign, external staircase, arched windows, drainpipe, balconies, decorative roofline, opening skylight and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk with a mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and an ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a pink 1950s-style convertible.
- Ground level features 1950s downtown American diner styling with a large curved front window, red barstools, benches, jukebox, candy machine, counter, 2 soda dispensers, and a kitchen with a coffee machine, stove and a cooker hood.
- Mid-level features a boxing gym with a boxing ring, punching bag, weight training room, water dispenser and a wall clock.
- Upper level features a recording studio complete with vocal booth, soundproofed walls, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet.
- Take a ride in the stylish convertible and head for a diner where fast food and music are on the menu.
- Help the chef prepare the fastest food in town while the roller-skating waitress lines up the orders.
- Drop in at the gym for a couple of rounds in the boxing ring or a good workout on the punching bag.
- Open the skylight and eavesdrop on the making of a hit album.
- Accessory elements include roller skates, guitar, golden record award and a buildable barbell.
- Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
- This set includes over 2,480 pieces and is suitable for ages 16+.
- New-for-January-2018 decorated elements include a decorated door, album cover, lots of teal-colored and pink-colored elements, and a dual-face minifigure with singing and smiling expressions.
- Special elements include new-for-January-2018 flower stalks and flower heads, plus 1×3 ‘jumper’ plates, 2×2 plate with 2 studs and a minifigure torso with boxing gloves.
- Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Buildings series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office, 10251 Brick Bank and 10255 Assembly Square.
- Measures over 13” (34cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
Inside the box you will find bag 1 to 5. Bag 1 and 2 will finish the first floor. Just a great and fun build so just head on to the pictures! The first floor makes the diner with very cool classic features like the bar, the jukebox and the star tiles on the wall. The tiles on the floor makes it even better!
Bag 3 will get the second floor finished where a gym is situated with boxing ring, dumbells and boxing bag.
Bag 4 will get the third floor finished where you will find a music recording studio including a isolated sound booth!
And then bag 5 will finish the roof and the classic car.
Verdict: awesome! Great color combinations and very retro! Also the LEGO 40448 Vintage Car is very complementary to this set:
The Aedelsten deluxe is an exclusive hardtop convertible, which is ideal for cruising the Lego streets. It seats two minifigures and features a hand brake lever and steering wheel gearshift for them.
The surfboard along with the white bordered rear of the car forms the typical side contour of the cars of the 50s.
After what has felt like an eternity for Arne Jahnke aka Versteinert on LEGO Ideas, our second fan-designed gift with purchase and LEGO Ideas collaboration is ready to hit the streets!
Selected as the winner of the Build a Vintage Car for Modular Streets contest on LEGO Ideas in early 2019, it became the second Gift with Purchase set Mark Smiley’s winning design became the first ever Gift with Purchase set to be designed by a LEGO fan!
Originally called The Aedelsten deluxe, Arne has had his idea turned into reality.
The LEGO Ideas site did a interview with the designer Arne Jahnke aka Versteinert: Click here to read the interview