Today i finished this kit for the second time. First time i didn’t do a pretty job on the decals so i decided to build this one again in the future. And well the future is now they say so i built it again! First some information about the kit.
Fight to Regain the Crown
For the 2005 WRC Monte Carlo Rally, the Subaru team entered the upgraded Subaru Impreza as used in the latter half of the 2004 season. Despite suffering brake troubles, 2003 champion Petter Solberg was able to keep up with the leaders after the first 2 days. On the final day he recorded the fastest times in the first 2 stages to climb up to 3rd place, before being forced to retire after a heavy crash in the snow. Although unlucky in the first race of the season, Solberg and the Subaru team were able to quickly forget the disappointment of Monte Carlo, taking victory in round 2 in Sweden, proving Solberg and the Impreza have what it takes to win the WRC crown back.
- 1/24 scale replica plastic model of the 2005 Monte Carlo Rally Subaru Impreza
- Overall length: 183mm, width: 75mm, height: 57mm
- Details unique to Monte Carlo vehicle all reproduced including lowered chassis for tarmac racing, straight lower arms, on-road Pirelli tires and wheels, and short antennas.
- Sectioned rear wing comes molded as one piece.
- 10-spoke wheels come pre-finished in gold.
- The essence of a rally car fully captured with detailed cockpit and interior roll cage.
- Includes markings for Solberg’s No.5 and Sarrazin’s No.6 vehicles.
And now on to the build! As every Tamiya kit it is a dream to build, no fitment issues, high level of detail and the decals went on great. Only the big decals could cause some troubles forming over the body*. The whole side is coverd by two decals. One huge from front fender to the rear lights and one above the rear fender. Tricky but doable!
*yes i did screw up one side… again..
And when the model is done? It’s just awesome!
What do you think? You want to build one yourself or have built one already?