Today i’m going to unbox the Tamiya McLaren Senna in 1/24th scale. The latest (recent) supercar made by Tamiya.
This Tamiya 1/24 scale model recreates the 2019 McLaren Senna in hyper detail! Named after legendary Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna, this extremely track-focused hypercar is McLaren’s most calculated masterpiece. Its unmistakable appearance is dominated by numerous air intakes and aerodynamic addendum that create incredible downforce. Combine that with the extensive use of lightweight carbon fiber throughout and an insanely powerful engine and you have the recipe for a vehicle that launches like a missile and handles the curves like a go-kart!
- 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 198mm, width: 91mm, height: 60mm.
- The sleek aerodynamic body’s form is captured in style. Uniquely, it is composed of a single monocoque part onto which body panels are attached individually, allowing a highly realistic depiction of the car.
- Parts are designed to be assembled into blocks of the same color, streamlining the painting process.
- Features a realistic depiction of the V8 twin turbo engine and visible sections of the complex surrounding engineering.
- The model can be assembled as European, U.S. or Japanese spec.
- Separate parts for brake calipers and discs ensure that while the wheels (and brake discs) rotate, the caliper remains stationary for super realism.
- The dashboard can be assembled in the standard roadgoing or streamlined racing positions.
- Metal transfers recreate McLaren logos.
The Tamiya McLaren Senna comes in the usual Tamiya box with the finished model up front with some information about the model. On the side of the box some more information is presented with 2 buildoptions provided by Tamiya. The difference is mainly visable by the exhaust. You can build this one with 2 or 3 pipes. They are mounted beneeth the wing on the back. Also both options have different colors. The options Tamiya suggests are Mira Orange and Victory Grey.
Let’s start the unboxing!
The first parts you see is the monocoque. This part is the hart of the build together with the floor part.
Then you will get a white sprue. This sprue contains the bodyparts which are going to be painted in color like the doors, the hood and the rear body parts.
The clear parts are the usual windows and headlight parts.
The grey sprue contains the engine, wheel, suspension and radiator parts.
The first black sprue contains the interior and some supporting body parts.
And you get the wheels!
Some more white casted parts are available with the brake discs and some interior/exterior parts.
And a second black casted sprue comes up with more suspension parts, body parts, exhaust, radiator, engine, wings and floor parts.
Then you get to the decals and metal transfers foor the logo and mirrors.
The paperwork comes with some background information of the car, color variations and of course the building instructions. These are typical Tamiya. Easy to read and clear instructions.
This kit is just a great one. Seems to be a little complex, but the outcome and fitment will be great! Also fancy a project? Maybe you can do something like this: