Today i’m going to unbox the Tamiya Red Bull Racing Renault RB6 in 1/20th scale.
The Red Bull RB6 is a Formula One motor racing car designed by Red Bull Racing for the 2010 campaign. It was driven by 2010 World Champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber and was launched on February 10 at Jerez.
Vettel, who (since joining Scuderia Toro Rosso) makes it a habit to give his racing cars names, named his RB6 “Luscious Liz”. However, after unspecified minor damage was found on this chassis after the Monaco Grand Prix, the team gave Vettel a new chassis, which he then named “Randy Mandy.”
The car claimed the first of four consecutive World Constructors’ Championships for Red Bull Racing, and in the hands of Sebastian Vettel, took the first World Drivers’ Championship of his career at the last round of the season. In qualifying, the RB6 was a consistent pace setter, setting the fastest time in 15 out of the 19 rounds. Red Bull’s chief technical officer Adrian Newey later went on to claim that the car was “probably the car with the most downforce in the history of F1”.
In 2014, before his final race with Red Bull, Vettel stated that the RB6 was his favourite Formula One car to drive in his career to date.
- 1/20 scale plastic model assembly kit of the 2010 Formula One world championship-winning Red Bull Racing Renault RB6
- Length: 248mm, Width: 92mm.
- The car’s unique form is faithfully captured, including the compact and flowing side pontoons, the raised edges of the V-Nose, and the “shark-fin” engine cover.
- Highly-detailed F-Duct system comes as separate parts.
- 2 types of steering wheel are included.
- Photo-etched parts to depict nose-side fins and side pod GPS antenna as well as seatbelt stickers included.
- Also includes 2 types of onboard camera and front wing flaps.
- High-quality Cartograf decals included to depict the No.5 and No.6 cars.
The Tamiya Red Bull Racing Renault comes in the usual Tamiya box with the finished model up front with some information about the model. The Box is the small format box (same size as the Ferrari SF70H). On the side of the box some more information is presented about the F duct system.
Let’s start the unboxing!
The first parts you see are the wheels, nuts and polycaps.
Then you will get a blue sprue. This sprue contains some of the bodyparts which are going to be painted in color like the hood and some wing parts.
Then you will find the monocoque and the clear parts which are used for the rear light and windscreen.
Then you will find the rest of the wing parts and rims.
The first black sprues contain all the suspension parts, cameras, brakes, (fake) engine and floor parts.
Then you get to the decals and metal transfers for the mirrors. This kit also comes with parts to paint te logo’s on the wheels and create some stunning seatbelts!
The paperwork comes with some background information of the car and of course the building instructions. These are typical Tamiya. Easy to read and clear instructions.