Tamiya released it’s upcoming release list for february 2021. Four kits wil be coming out this and next month. Let’s see what they got in store for us!
McLaren Senna 1/24
Unleashed on the world at the 2018 Geneva International Motor Show, this super car bears the name of legendary racer Ayrton Senna. Its body features extensive carbon fibre sections, and is designed for impeccable aerodynamics and cooling. Power is provided by an 800PS 4-liter V8 twin turbo engine. With only 500 produced, the McLaren Senna is hot property indeed.
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 198mm, width: 91mm, height: 51mm.
- The complex, aerodynamically honed form of this supercar’s body is accurately captured.
- Ease of painting is a core theme in the parts breakdown, with window frame sections molded onto the body, separate parts for seat pads, and more.
- Brake discs and calipers are also separate parts, allowing the discs to rotate.
- Features a realistic depiction of the V8 twin turbo engine, without the parts count escalating excessively.
- Front and side radiators are recreated in style, as is the spartan interior. Separate parts recreate door gas struts.
- Choose to depict the dashboard in one of two positions. ★Metal transfers are included to depict the McLaren logo.
- Comes with solid synthetic rubber tires.
- Front wheels are steered.
- Can be assembled in European, U.S. or Japanese spec.
Fiat 131 Abarth Rally Olio 1/20
This 1/20 scale plastic model assembly kit recreates the 1977 version of the three-time Fiat 131 Abarth Rally. The classic form of the car is recreated in style, from the front and rear spoilers to the bulging overfenders. Features a detailed depiction of the Abarth-tuned inline-4 DOHC engine. Includes decals for markings, and masking stickers for the paint job.
Suzuki RG250 1/12
The RG250 benefitted greatly from Suzuki’s race-developed technology. It utilized an aluminum double cradle frame with a 247cc 2-cylinder engine that provided 45hp, as well as dedicated tires and a distinctive half cowl.
- This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 167mm, width: 57mm, height: 99mm.
- Features a realistic depiction of the 45hp liquid cooled 2-cylinder engine, with carburetor and pipes accurately captured.
- Solid synthetic rubber tires feature accurate tread patterns.
- Vinyl tubing is included for the recreation of various pipes and lines on the motorcycle.
- Accurate renderings of refined cowl shapes.
Suzuki RG250 Full Options 1/12
With its racing bike looks, the RG250 was an instant hit with the public upon its March 1983. This model recreates the motorcycle in detailed 1/12 scale, from the 45hp 2-stroke 2-cylinder engine to the racing frame and Suzuki’s unique Full Floater rear setup. Undercowl and single seat cowls are separate parts. Modelers can choose to assemble the kit as a half-cowl/tandem seat or full-cowl/single seat model. Vinyl tubing recreates the various cables and lines, for a realistic finish. Gamma stand is included.
- Length: 167mm, width: 57mm, height: 99mm.
- This model originally went on sale in Japan in December 1983.